What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change warning level to error for degraded raid

Votes:

Actually, we are monitoring ESXi servers for System Health (HP, Lenovo, Dell, etc) and when a disk fail in a raid for any reason, the raid is in degraded state and the status is shown as "warning". Is there a way I could set the error level to down when a raid is in degraded state because actually we are monitoring a lot of sites and the warnings are verified at the end of the monitoring cycle so we see the raid issues sometime a week after the issue. Do you know a way we could change that? Thank you for your help!

degraded raid

Created on Sep 28, 2015 2:45:24 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi maxter

I have only ESXI servers, but for those you could choose "VMware Host Hardware (WBEM)" sensor and then choose "Disk or disk bay" and monitor the drives separately and change the sensor limits?

Maybe that helps?

regards Thomas

Created on Sep 29, 2015 7:04:15 AM

Votes:

Dear maxter

Could the simulated error state be of help? This option is available via the context menu on the small toolbar in the upper right corner. "▼" / "Simulate Error".

Created on Sep 29, 2015 1:41:59 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The VMWare Host Hardware (WBEM) gives me only 4 choices as Processor Temp, board power cons., fan RPM and inlet temperature. There is a lack of items out there... I don't know if I could add some in there.

Created on Oct 15, 2015 7:54:54 PM

Votes:

Yes, the WBEM sensor only provides this kind of information.

About the Raid error issue: If you use the health sensor, please configure the status on VMWare's side, as the host health sensor only gets the number of the different statuses.

Created on Oct 19, 2015 2:04:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.