What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Getting daily Max values of tagged sensors

Votes:

I've read through the API information and the reports functionality, and I haven't been able to pull this data out of PRTG programatically. For the API, I can't determine how to pull this data for more than 100 sensors, I have about 400 sensors I'd like to track the max 5-minute period from the previous 24 hours. I tagged some snmp sensors to try try to filter these out, but it seems that I have to make a separate API http request for each sensor? If I just want the raw data (for say 5 minute averages), I still need to make a request separately for each sensor?

For the reports, If I run a report on all of these tagged sensors, I get a huge print out of way more data than I need. But it does give me the capability of running this report on a schedule.

What would you suggest for getting a list of max 24 hour values for snmp throughput channel, using 5 minute averages throughout the day, on more than 100 sensors? I could run this once per night in the middle of the night if it's going to be processor intensive. Thanks, Kevin

api max reporting snmp throughput

Created on Sep 29, 2015 1:38:46 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

I'm afraid that this will not be possible via the API. The API is restricted to a maximum of 5 sensors per minute. I guess the only way to achieve this kind of reporting is to use the PRTG Data Extractor Tool to copy the data to an SQL database for further processing.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Sep 30, 2015 1:03:31 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply! I'll look more into the manual and make it happen!

Created on Oct 1, 2015 12:20:37 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.