What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't get SNMP working with Zyxel GS1920-24

Votes:

Hello, I'm trying, without success, to monitor trafic of a GS1920-24 with SNMP sensor. To me, so far, I think is correctly configured as far as SNMP is concerned (protocol v2c, get/set/trap community set to public). SNMP service is granted on the switch side. When I try to install the SNMP traffic sensor an error message is triggered: "Sensor does not get response from device. SNMP credentials are wrong or device does not support the required uptime OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0) for traffic sensors. This OID is mandatory by the SNMP RFC. Check SNMP access rights or contact device vendor. (code: PE244)"

The ping sensor works.

For your convience, please find herebelow an extract of the switch documentation The switch supports the following MIBs - SNMP MIBII (RFC 213) - RFC 1157 SNMP v1 - RFC 1643 Bridge MIBs - RFC 1493 Bridge MIBs - RFC 1155 SMI - RFC 2674 SNMPv2, SNMPv2c - RFC 1757 RMON - SNMPv2, SNMPv2c or later version compliant with RFC2011 SNMPv2 MIB for IP, RFC2012, SNMPv2 MIB for TCP, FRC2013 SNMPv2 for UDP

Could you please help to us to tackle this problem? Thank you Nicolas Rabaté

snmp-sensor switch zyxel

Created on Oct 3, 2015 6:06:17 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Nicolas,
Please download the SNMP Tester and scan the target device for Available Standard Interfaces. What are the results?
Best regards

Created on Oct 7, 2015 2:10:26 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, As a matter of fact, I had the idea to deactivate the SNMP service and then reactivate it at the switch side. This simple action made it working. Thank you

Created on Oct 7, 2015 2:22:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.