What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I use alarm and ticket notifications on Android 6.0 or higher?

Votes:

On Android 6.0 my alarm and ticket notifications no longer work when the phone has been lying around for a while. How can I get them back?

android battery notifications

Created on Oct 5, 2015 8:59:55 AM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG for Android on Android 6.0 or later

Continuous Pull Notifications on Android 6.0 or higher

Android 6.0 introduces a new low power mode that causes PRTG for Android to not be able to run background tasks after a period of inactivity. This means that the app can't check for new alarms or tickets after the phone goes into a deep sleep. In order for your alarm and ticket notifications to work again, you'll need to disable "battery optimizations" for the app.

Please note that you don't need to do this if you're using push notifications.

• First, go into Settings and select Battery. Then you'll need to click the overflow menu in the upper right and select Battery optimization.

Battery Optimization

• Now, click that drop-down menu and choose All apps.

Battery Optimization

• Scroll all the way down to PRTG, click on it, and select Don't optimize. Your alarm and ticket notifications will now run as expected, even if your phone goes into a deep sleep.

Battery Optimization

Created on Oct 5, 2015 10:23:58 AM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Last change on Oct 7, 2015 7:18:47 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.