What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

JavaScript Custom HTML Map Objects

Votes:

Trying to integrate a basic Javascript inside a Custom HTML Map Object and with all the searching I could not find any example of this. In my file I have this:

<!--Custom HTML: GetClicky-->

<div class="map_object map_icon mapicon_status_white" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">"> <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>"> <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>"> TESTING JAVASCRIPT <Span><script src="widgets.clicky.com/tally/?site_id=100883148&sitekey=73345ffgde5735ddecfaf98b5e1e7103&width=175&height=250&title=1on1%20Visitors&hide_title=0&hide_branding=1" type="text/javascript"></script></span> <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>"> </div>

However when I drag it onto the map its not working. What am I doing wrong?

html javascript map map-objects

Created on Oct 6, 2015 6:53:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Sourceminer,

• First, the http(s):// is missing prior to the target address, this is the reason why the object cannot return any values.
  • Document Write is not possible due to security reasons
  • The iFrame you try to integrate into the map object appears to be empty while trying to integrate it directly into PRTG

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 8, 2015 1:30:22 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.