What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Host & Key

Votes:

Hi, I just joined Paessler and download PRTG Network Monitor Mobile Probe for my Android phone. I dont know my Host (PRTG Webser) and Key. Where can I get that information?

I am new, and get quickly frustrated if things a very difficult to understand.

android-probe host key

Created on Oct 6, 2015 8:32:03 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

PRTG comes with its own webserver. You can log on the PRTG Server and open the PRTG Administrator Tool. Here you can configure the IP address on which the server will listen. This IP address needs to also be entered in the https://// field within the Android Probe. Please note that the server needs to be accessible from the Android device, so you might need to configure NAT or use VPN to connect to the Core Server if you want to use the Probe outside of your network.

The choice of the key is up to you, but it needs to be entered in the Android Probe as well as in the web GUI "Setup > System Administration > Core & Probes > Access Key" field below the other entries.

Please follow this step by step guide to setup the Android Probe.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 7, 2015 5:16:51 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.