What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Traffic values differ between devices

Votes:

Hi KB friends!

I am running v15.3.19.4027 I have a Draytek 2925 router connected to a Netgear GS108tv2 smart switch and monitor bandwidth utilisation. The router uses 32bit counters, switch 64bit, both snmp v2 I have noticed that PRTG shows a wildly different value for traffic for these devices - eg the LAN port of the router will be showing utilisation of say 4691 kbit, the connected switch port shows 335248 kbit! All ports are gigabit connected. Comparing real time graphs of the ports, the graphs are identical, just very different values. Has any one else had this issue? I'd be grateful for any ideas. Thanks in advance

32-64-bit bandwidth values

Created on Oct 7, 2015 4:58:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

This gaps are normally based on overflows of 32bit traffic counters.

Please see this article to enable overflow handling.

This article is about spike filtering.

Please note, you need to recalculate the cache to see the changes in the graph. Please perform all changes according the articles and after that go to "Setup" > "System Administration" > "Administrative Tools" and click on "Recalculate cache now". Please be patient it can take awhile to recalculate all data.

Created on Oct 9, 2015 2:06:18 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.