What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Information / message label

Votes:

Is it possible to display systeminfo like manufacturer, OS version etc. on the sensor overview screen?

I like to see all my servers, sensors and the extra information (OS, manufacturer) in one overview...

Since PRTG can't use strings in it's WMI, Powershell custom sensors there is no way for me to get this information.

message prtg string

Created on Jul 13, 2010 7:43:44 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

for the OS version you could use the Custom Sensor "WinOSVersion" from the PRTG User Gerard Feijth: http://code.google.com/p/prtg7addons/wiki/CustomSensors#WinOSVersion

However, this will then be a separate sensor.

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 13, 2010 1:45:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Yes I tried that sensor, but it reports a value on the overview screen. To see the actual data (displayed in the message field of that sensor) of that sensor I have to click on the server...so this sensor is no use for me at the moment.

Created on Jul 13, 2010 2:29:21 PM

Votes:

Hello,

a work-around may be to enter the OS-/manufacturer-information manually in the 'Comments'-tab of the sensor/device. Just as a suggestion, as your initial request is not possible.

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 14, 2010 11:34:58 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.