What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Remote Probes in Cluster Node

Votes:

Hello Experts,

I am stuck in a weired problem that is I have two PRTG servers one is master and the other is slave(Failover ReadOnly) I have add my servers in the master server via the Remote probe installing on them but now the problem is we are'nt able to see those remote probes on the slave server any workaround available for this.

Thanks Frank

cluster probe prtg snmp

Created on Oct 15, 2015 11:05:31 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Frank,

PRTG offers cluster support for remote probes. Please have a look at this article to see how to enable this feature.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 16, 2015 12:23:58 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello experts,

I have configured the PRTG cluster but the option of Cluster Connectivity in the Administrative probe settings in the PRTG Remote Probe is not showing up. Any suggestions...

Regards FAIZAN

Created on Oct 17, 2015 6:18:15 AM

Votes:

Hi Faizan,

This setting will be available on the settings page of the remote probe. Which version of PRTG Network Monitor are you using?

Best Regards, Felix

Created on Oct 19, 2015 4:43:35 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I am using "PRTG Network Monitor 15.1.15.2022 x64" I went to the remote probe and then to the settings page under the "Administrative probe settings" heading I found three main options that have sub-options these are :

1) Outgoing IPv4

2) Outgoing IPv6

3) Restart Options

I am unable to find the option of "cluster connectivity" option.

Any suggestions.....

Thank You.

Frank

Created on Oct 19, 2015 5:51:07 AM

Votes:

Frank,

The feature is available since PRTG Network Monitor Version 15.2.17/15.3.17. Please update to the latest version to enable this feature.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 19, 2015 8:33:10 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response I will update the version and let you know further.

Regards

FRANK

Created on Oct 20, 2015 11:03:44 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.