What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature request: Add sensors

Votes:

Hey guys, just wanted to mention a quick feature that would be usefull to add: Quick sensors red buttons at the bottom of a device. For example, I add a new Wifi device and want to add a custom snmp library for RSSI level and a bandwidth sensor for LAN and WAN. That would be two buttons just next to the "Add Sensor" regular button. Also include the Ping because we always use the Ping sensor logically!

If that feature already exists, I would like to know where :) Also please note i'm using 13.3.4.2557 so that might exist is future releases and I'm not aware of that.

Have a good day!

add-sensor feature-request prtg snmp

Created on Oct 16, 2015 1:00:37 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. Feature request is noted but I cannot guarantee if or when this will be implemented.
However, in the meantime you might have a look at device templates which basically can do the same and are available in PRTG 13.
Best regards

Created on Oct 20, 2015 2:39:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.