What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold triggers not showing up in the alarms page

Votes:

i added an HTTP Content sensor on 2 values, defined threshold triggers on the 2 values. i successfully received notification when the thresholds exceeded the limit but i expected them to show on the Alarms page (Current Alarms and Warnings). is this possible? i would like to see the status changes in the Windows GUI also.

channel http-content-sensor prtg

Created on Jul 13, 2010 12:25:58 PM

Last change on Jul 13, 2010 1:49:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

threshold triggers will not change the status of a sensor. But you can use the Error- and Warning-Limits in the Channels-Tab of the sensor to do this: PRTG Manual - Sensor and Channel Settings.

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 13, 2010 1:51:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

if understand correctly i can use one of the channels as the primary one, how can i set the "down" parameters for the state trigger on this channel?

Created on Jul 14, 2010 7:37:55 AM

Votes:

Channels can have no individual 'Down'-state. If a channel goes into down (being it, that it is unable to request its target or due to an error-limit), then the entire sensor will go into downstate.

Created on Jul 14, 2010 1:39:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

is there anything that will change the status of an HTTP content sensor except the URL not responding?

Created on Jul 14, 2010 2:41:52 PM

Votes:

As said, you can use the Error-Limits to set a HTTP Content sensor into error-state if the monitored content value is/was higher then a certain limit.

Created on Jul 14, 2010 5:03:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.