What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dropbox API not available

Votes:

Hello,

probe device sensor (Common SaaS Check) claims: "88 % (Available Services) is below the warning limit of 90 % (Dropbox API not available)".

I can see the following channels: Available Services, Bing, Downtime, Facebook, GitHub, Google Apps, Office 365, Salesforce, Twitter, Youtube

How to get Dropbox API available?

(Version 15.4.20.4378+)

api dropbox saas

Created on Oct 20, 2015 5:55:28 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The issue will be fixed in PRTG 20.x.65, which we will release today :) Sorry for the inconveniences!

Created on Jan 26, 2021 1:12:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

16 Replies

Votes:

Dear Michael

This sensor message looks like the Dropbox webservice is either currently not avialable, or the access is blocked from your location. Please manually check https://api.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/token

Do you get an error message because you did not post any data, or is that URL not reachable?

Created on Oct 22, 2015 9:39:11 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It appears the health-check is no longer returning the expected response.

https://api.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/token

{"error": "Call requires one of the following methods: POST, OPTIONS. Got GET."}

Created on Dec 10, 2020 5:05:35 AM

Votes:

Hello,

please update PRTG in that case. I checked with the current version 20.4.64, the Common SaaS sensor shows 100%. Though historic data of that sensors shows that Dropbox is sometimes reported as not responding, it looks like temporary issues with the Dropbox API access.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 5:17:55 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 10, 2020 5:20:34 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there!

I already have the 20.4.64.1402 PRTG version installed (the latest available) and still have the “Dropbox API not available” warning message at Common SaaS Check Sensor.

I am able to access the following link (from my PRTG server): https://api.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/token

And I receive the next response from this URL: {"error": "Call requires one of the following methods: POST, OPTIONS. Got GET."}

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

Created on Dec 11, 2020 5:20:40 PM

Votes:

We have exactly the same problem.

Version currently installed: 20.4.64.1402+ Selected release channel: Stable Latest version available from Paessler: 20.4.63.1427

BTW: Have you withdrawn the last release?

Created on Dec 11, 2020 6:44:04 PM

Votes:

Hello, the release was not redrawn, but with the auto-update we enable the rollout in waves.

The API URLs we use usually result in an error because we don't apply an API key. However in our test instances, the dropbox API is always down now. The case is under investigation as the cause is not yet clear.

Created on Dec 11, 2020 8:50:24 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same issue here:

probe device sensor (Common SaaS Check) claims: "88 % (Available Services) is below the warning limit of 90 % (Dropbox API not available)".

Any news on a fix please?

Created on Dec 13, 2020 12:15:03 PM

Votes:

Any update on this? Why do I care about the DropBox API anyway? We do not use DropBox in our org.

Created on Dec 14, 2020 2:40:25 PM

Votes:

Any update on this? Issue only started appearing last week. Thanks

Created on Dec 14, 2020 3:21:57 PM

Votes:

Hello Chris and Sarah,

We are still investigating on this case. In the meantime, you have the possibility to create the sensor anew and deselect the check box corresponding to Dropbox. Afterwards, the sensor won't be in warning state anymore.

Please, notice that removing the sensor will also remove its historical data.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 14, 2020 3:23:40 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 15, 2020 1:42:09 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Norman,

Thank you for your message, I indeed added a short notice regarding the option to remove the sensor as it will of course delete the historical data.

Regarding the issue, a fix is already at the implementation stage and therefore, will probably be released in the next version of PRTG (21.1.65) planned earlier in January.

Regards.

Created on Dec 15, 2020 1:49:46 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Did the endpoint change for some reason? I came here to ask the same question. The PRTG logs do not show the endpoint: https://api.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/token

they show Endpoint URL: https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize

Instead. The api.dropbox.com/.... does return a valid response

I am on the latest stable build also. These details were found by enabling result handling.

Created on Dec 16, 2020 10:10:09 AM

Votes:

Hello Wayne,

It seems that Dropbox stopped using the URL address used by the sensor, indeed. And therefore, we have planned to change it for the next version of PRTG. Thank you for your message.

Regards.

Created on Dec 16, 2020 12:37:28 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How do we stop it in the meantime?

Created on Dec 16, 2020 3:04:11 PM

Votes:

Hello Chris,

There is no option to remove existing providers when the sensor is created, however you have the possibility to modify the notification triggers or create the sensor anew and deselect the check box related to Dropbox.

Regards.

Created on Dec 16, 2020 3:13:52 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 16, 2020 3:14:30 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The issue will be fixed in PRTG 20.x.65, which we will release today :) Sorry for the inconveniences!

Created on Jan 26, 2021 1:12:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.