What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot connect Android

Votes:

Cannot not connect to server from Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 4. Return message "I could not retrieve the passhash..."

Forwarded ports are 443, 8443, 23560 User & password are correct.

I used PRTG a while ago and it worked then (Windows 7 32bit? Since then I installed Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks!

android remote-commands windows-10

Created on Oct 22, 2015 1:17:43 PM

12 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Please try using your device's browser to connect to the PRTG web interface. Does that work?
Best regards

Created on Oct 23, 2015 1:26:32 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No... That does not work. PC is also running security camera software.

Created on Oct 23, 2015 3:51:14 PM

Votes:

Hi,
So this means PRTG is not accessible from your phone at all. On the machine PRTG is installed, please check the PRTG Administrator as it could be that the web server bindings have changed here.

Created on Oct 26, 2015 2:35:56 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Admin user-id and password have been changed and PRTG is running SSL.

Local logon successful.

Server settings are 192.168.1.100 and port is 8443.

All executable files have been added to Comodo firewall rules (Allow).

When I try to access PRTG via Android App or Firefox browser is just goes on and on never completing.

?????

Created on Oct 26, 2015 4:43:36 PM

Votes:

Trying to connect from phone browser returns "Security exception..." Which I add. I then get "Forbidden" using Firefox and Dolphin browsers and ports 23560, 443.

No "Bindings" have been changed from install....

Created on Oct 28, 2015 1:27:39 AM

Votes:

Hi, do you have any other devices involved here, e.g. a proxy? Can you please send me some screenshots to [email protected] referencing this thread?

Created on Oct 29, 2015 3:40:33 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the exact same problem, works fine from a pc trying to access the website. On my phone (Xperia Z3 compact) no go via app or web. What should one do?

Created on Nov 13, 2015 11:16:46 AM

Votes:

I think i found the solution to this case. It is a specific char that is in the password that probably screws this up.

Created on Nov 13, 2015 11:59:44 AM

Votes:

Hi, Thanks for forwarding your finding. May I ask which precise character (not the whole password) broke the login?

Created on Nov 13, 2015 12:36:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

First of all the account was an AD synced one, don't know if the same scenario is for local accounts. the charecter was a % the login worked fine from everywhere but the phone. (tried both app and browser on phone)

after changing my pass it works fine. J

Created on Nov 13, 2015 1:14:01 PM

Votes:

I also have such issue no matter how i change my password. Return error message "I could not retrieve the passhash..."

Created on Dec 11, 2016 6:10:56 PM

Votes:

Dear owk688,

Please refer to this KB-article which addresses your issue.

Kind regards, Sven

Created on Dec 12, 2016 11:48:08 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.