What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can i backup PRTG ?

Votes:

Hello, I want to backup PRTG. I want to work together at the same time and also all information should be same both of them . İf i have any problem PRTG, other PRTG will work. Is it possible? Thank you for your interest.

backup prtg same-data

Created on Oct 23, 2015 2:15:41 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Sorry for the late publishing of your post!

I think you'll want to have a look at our clustering feature: What is the clustering feature in PRTG?

At least, that's what it sounds like. If you rather want to make a backup of your PRTG installation in order to move it to another server, please refer to this thread.

Let me know if you have any further questions left :)

Created on Oct 27, 2015 7:24:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 11, 2022 8:40:57 AM by  Frank Hadasch [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Votes:

Thank you for your message. Can we use virtual server for clustering feature in PRTG? and Has this process limitation or not ? Thank you for your interest.

Created on Oct 27, 2015 12:53:51 PM

Votes:

Virtual machines are possible, yes. Make sure it's as powerfull as your PRTG core server in terms of CPU, RAM and disk performance. However, if you reach above 5,000 sensors, physical hardware is recommended for both systems.

Created on Oct 28, 2015 8:46:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.