What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error on sensor Hyper v cluster shared

Votes:

Hi.! I would try to add sensor hyper v cluster shared Vol. Disk but i receive the error "The term 'Get-ClusterSharedVolume' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again."

How can i solve this.?

Thank you..!

cluster-shared cluster-shared-volume hyper-v powershell

Created on Oct 23, 2015 2:44:21 PM

18 Replies

Votes:

Hi Marco,

have you tried executing Get-ClusterSharedVolume within a PowerShell session? What Windows version is running on the HyperV-Server?

Created on Oct 26, 2015 11:02:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hyper v is running on Windows server 2008 R2. I run this command on powershell and run without errors, but in the sensor, when i add this for the server give me the error. Thanks.

Created on Oct 26, 2015 7:56:51 PM

Votes:

Are the windows credentials within the device settings those from a system administrator? If not, can you try one?

Created on Oct 28, 2015 12:21:52 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, i have the administrator windows credentials configured in the device, but i see the error.

Created on Oct 28, 2015 2:20:42 PM

Votes:

Can you execute this in an administrative PowerShell console: Enable-PSRemoting –force

If it's already enabled, execute this: Get-Item –Path WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts

Is the PRTG server already in that list? If not: Set-Item –Path WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts –Value your.prtg.server.fqdn.or.ip

Is this a sensor on a remote probe or on the core server?

Created on Oct 29, 2015 1:47:00 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I run this commands and all are correct, the sensor is on a remote probe.

Created on Oct 30, 2015 4:12:38 PM

Votes:

Are you running the latest PRTG version as well (see www.paessler.com/prtg/history/stable)?

Created on Nov 3, 2015 10:23:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, i have the last version (15.4) but i dont know why receive this error.

Created on Nov 3, 2015 5:24:44 PM

Votes:

I'll forward this case to one of our developers; we'll be in touch as soon as we have something.

Created on Nov 4, 2015 1:17:18 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Created on Nov 4, 2015 2:10:16 PM

Votes:

Does Import-Module FailoverClusters; work properly? That's the module we're using. You'll need to have the Failover Clustering feature installed in order for this to get loaded - is that installed?

Created on Nov 5, 2015 6:43:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes, it is installed, i run the command Get-Module -ListAvailable and see the module FailoverClusters in the list.

Created on Nov 6, 2015 4:58:00 PM

Votes:

Okay, let's reproduce the sensors steps:

1. Login via Remote Desktop on the probe system
  2. Open up PowerShell
  3. Enter-PSSession -ComputerName target.domain.com -Credential [email protected] (replace the fqdn and the credentials accordingly)
  4. Enter the password in the popup that appears
  5. Execute the following commands:
    1. Import-Module FailoverClusters;
    2. Get-ClusterSharedVolume;

Does this work properly?

Created on Nov 10, 2015 6:48:51 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, Work and give me the basic information about cluster disks. Only i need in adition run PowerShell as administrator and run without error. I think the error is like the sensor don´t has the Import-Module line. It is posible.? Can i add this line or validate the script or something.?

Thanks.

Created on Nov 10, 2015 4:28:59 PM

Votes:

The sensor actually has this Module-Import line...I'm afraid that we're running out of ideas here : /

Created on Nov 13, 2015 7:48:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Colleague told me that you could also try the WMI Volume sensor - it should also be able to access the shared cluster volumes; can you try that? :)

Created on Nov 13, 2015 12:49:52 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I try your recomendation, but only show me one of two cluster volumes. I change the device to monitor with the core probe (not with remote probe that i receive the error of this tread), and add the server probe to the same domain that cluster and it's working.! Thanks for your help and your ideas for solve this problem.

Best Regards,

Marcos.

Created on Nov 13, 2015 8:17:34 PM

Votes:

Ah okay, so it was some kind of problem with the credentials (more or less). Thanks for sharing! :)

Created on Nov 16, 2015 7:29:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.