What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to find out all columns in the map table

Votes:

I am not sure, if there is similar question answered here, but I cannot find it. Is it possible to find out all columns in the table? For example:

<!--Data Tables: Channels of a Sensor-->

<div class="map_object map_table" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="overflow:auto;<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
<#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
<#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
<#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true"  id="<@objectid>">

<div class="maptablecontainer" style="overflow:hidden;background-color:#fff;">
<b><#objectproperty name="Name" id="<@objectid>" show="link"></b>
<#table tableid="channeltable_map"
        id="<@objectid>"
        content="channels"
        columns="name,lastvalue_"
        sortby="name"
        sortable="false"
        links="false"
        >

</div>
<#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

I want to know what else can I see in the table except those two predefined values? (columns="name,lastvalue_" )

maps prtg table

Created on Oct 27, 2015 1:55:36 PM

Last change on Oct 28, 2015 3:13:41 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Kindly note that re-defining of map tables is not officially documented.

For detailed information on possible options for map customization, please have a look at this page: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61263

Best regards

Created on Oct 28, 2015 5:01:37 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, so there is no way to change the code so the table will be shown with all data it contains? For example delete columns="name,lastvalue_" or modify it somehow. Since I dont know what information is in the table (like status) I cannot be sure it will satisfy my needs. Default table doesnt. It is nice to see all channels in the table, but I need to see which of them are in what state (ok, warnin,error) otherwise its just the table with a lot of information, but without any additional value. It would be really nice to list the table parameters in the mapobject file the same way how the Mapobject name is noted. <!--Data Tables: Channels of a Sensor-->

Created on Oct 29, 2015 7:05:32 AM

Votes:

I am sorry, I am afraid it's not possible to add the states of each channel to the map table (that information belongs to a sensor, not to the channels).

Created on Oct 29, 2015 3:40:15 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What about an over threshold channel? Since I can see this if I am in the gui I should be able to map it as well.

Created on Jan 13, 2017 3:29:08 PM

Votes:

Hello Shawn,

Using "Status Icons" in Map Designer (e.g. "Channel Gauges" or "Sensor Message...") you can see current value of a sensor channel and its threshold.

Best regards

Created on Jan 16, 2017 9:27:35 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.