What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Automatic limits on a automatically created sensor

Votes:

Hello,

My question is:

We have a auto-discovery group which discovers new VM's in our vCenter and create the sensors for it. I want to know if it is possible that when a sensor is created it gets certain limits automatically or do I need to configure the limits by myself every time there a new sensor is created?

I hope you understand my question and sorry for my bad English.

Greetings,

Killaars

auto-discovery automatically limits

Created on Nov 3, 2015 9:43:35 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Killaars,

PRTG device templates will also store limits. Create a new dummy device and configure the limits you want assign to all newly created sensors. Afterwards, right-click on the device name and choose create device template.

Finally you can create a new auto-discovery group and choose the option Automatic sensor creation using specific device template(s)

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 4, 2015 12:51:53 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your help, this will help me for sure.

Killaars

Created on Nov 4, 2015 1:58:43 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.