What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Make graph for ping sensor to resemble ipcheck

Votes:

I used to use Paessler IPCheck and it made some very compact and useful graphs to embed in other webpages. ex. http://www.jackalwireless.net/public/goodgraph.png

Now I am using PRTG 7 and I can't seem to make a suitably compact graph. ex. http://www.jackalwireless.net/public/badgraph.png That's the same resolution as teh first graph.

The biggest problems are the vertical time labels (they would take up much less space if horizontal. It would also be nice to get rid of the top label up top.

Are these things possible?

graph ipcheck small traffic-grapher

Created on Jul 13, 2010 9:43:42 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Currently all you can do is to set the fontsize to "0" (zero) and you won't get any labels and a larger graph. Or make chart a few pixels bigger.

Created on Jul 14, 2010 11:52:47 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Thanks. That did most of what I wanted.

Setting font size to 0 eliminated all the text. What I would like to do is to keep the labels on the left and right of the graph (latency in ms and packet loss in %) and lose the rest of the headers on top/bottom and the time labels on the bottom. Is there a way to select which labels/text appear and which do not? Also, is it written somewhere what the various parameters in the graph URL do?

Currently my URL looks like this:

https://prtg.xxx.net/chart.png?type=graph&forcepng=true&graphid=0&width=825&height=300&graphstylefile=graphstyling.htm&datastylefile=graphdatastyling.htm&graphstyling=showLegend%3D%270%27%2520baseFontSize%3D%2710%27+showLegend%3D%270%27&datastyling=drawAnchors%3D%271%27+anchorRadius%3D%271%27+lineThickness%3D%272%27&id=3311

Created on Jul 16, 2010 10:22:23 PM

Votes:

in graphstyling.htm there is:

rotateLabels ="1"
showlabels="0"

But they do not have the expected effect. Changing the value of rotatelabels between 0 and 1 does change at all how the labels are displayed on the graph.

Created on Jul 16, 2010 10:48:11 PM

Last change on Jul 21, 2010 2:07:08 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. The title of the graph is too long and takes up too much room, as does the whitespace around it.

However, without a scale at the side, the graph is useless.

Further, I only need the left hand side and bottom scale, not the scale on the right hand side.

I don't seem to be able to achieve this. I was rather hoping it might now be possible in PRTG9, but it seems not.

Why do some of the settings in the styling files not take effect?

Ideally I'm trying to achieve something similar to PRTG6 on our NOC display - with traffic graphs for many sensors (with scale and times!) on a display.

Created on Nov 9, 2011 8:30:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.