What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

A file link on a public map does only work when I am logged in

Votes:

Hi @all

I have created a map, where I allowed public Access. The link provided works for the objects like Switches or Hosts but not on files, where i reference the files like file:
path-to-file

When I click on the link to the file, I need to login in the prtg Portal (which make sense) but then I get the error message "page not found" with an URL like "http://myhostn/public/checklogin.htm"

Why is there no redirection to the file?

cheers Paul

link map public

Created on Nov 10, 2015 9:51:53 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Could you please elaborate which exact "file" you want to link to the public map? The public folder of the PRTG webserver is not intended to provide files. This directory will i.e. provide the login page, password recovery and some other objects which needs to be accessed without authentication. It will require another location so that you can link those objects on the public PRTG map.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 11, 2015 1:16:30 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The file is not located on the PRTG Server, it is a link to a file on a file share, like "file:
\path-to-share\the-file.doc" I ve added an external link to the properties of this object.

Created on Nov 12, 2015 3:53:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.