What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PowerShell script to send SMS via e-mail

Votes:

I wanted to use a PowerShell script to send very short text messages via e-mail, and I found an excellent example here:

https://devcentral.f5.com/articles/monitoring-your-network-with-prtg-custom-notifications

The thing is that this script works flawlessly for Up notifications, but Down notifications are not sent and instead initiate the error handling shown at the bottom of the script. I know that I'm missing something simple, but all tinkering has been unsuccessful. I know there's limited support available for custom scripting, but if anyone could just take a quick look and point me in the right direction, I feel like this is likely easy work for someone.

By the way, the only reason I'm doing this is because I'd like to retain the full HTML e-mails for notifications that are e-mailed, but those things look like garbage when sent as an SMS (via e-mail). Basically unreadable.

exchange-powershell notifications powershell

Created on Nov 11, 2015 6:53:45 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Just post the code and I'll have a look :)

Created on Nov 12, 2015 12:57:56 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 12, 2015 12:58:06 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.