What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Size of remote probe database

Votes:

I had my remote probe disconnected for couple days and after reconnecting to the server it didn't send all the information. Is there any settings like probe database size so I'll not loose any statistics during internet downtime period?

core-probe-connection database remote-probe

Created on Nov 12, 2015 4:24:00 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Dennis,

Please have a look at the best answer in the KB article. These values are fixed and cannot be changed.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 12, 2015 7:46:28 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for your answer, Felix. Could you suggest a solution for the site with really unreliable internet connection?

Created on Nov 12, 2015 3:30:05 PM

Votes:

Hi Dennis,

It will be hard to cover "multiple days of outtake". It will be possible to extend the buffer by splitting the sensors to multiple remote probes, or by increasing the scanning interval. A complete standalone version which covers these time frames will require another core server installation.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 13, 2015 10:29:26 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.