What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

issue with adding Cisco Telepresence - MX300 G2

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to add our telepresence MX300 G2 into PRTG, but I am getting error No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049)

I have imported this MIB file into PRTG CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-MIB.my, I tried snmpwalk and getting response with OID. In your SNMP Tester version 5.2.1 I am able to see device uptime but I would like to monitor more than uptime of device.

Can you please help em?

Thank you, Pavel

cisco snmp telepresence

Created on Nov 13, 2015 8:58:11 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Just to be sure, you already used the MIB importer tool to create an OIDLIB file? If so, you can use the SNMP Tester and perform a "Scan OIDLIB" against the MX 300 G2 device. This will list all OIDs which can be monitored within PRTG afterwards.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 16, 2015 2:33:48 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

Yes, I used MIB importer and add OID files into PRTG. I have run SNMP tester but I got reply that No OIDs found. Can this be issue with settings of probe or that we block SNMP somewhere on the way?

Thank you, Best regards, Pavel

Created on Nov 18, 2015 2:21:48 PM

Votes:

Hi Pavel,

SNMP issues are unlikely at this point. No OIDs found indicates, that the SNMP query to the device is successful, but the device does not support these OIDs. This might be caused by a wrong MIB file which is not suitable for this device. Please do also take a look into the MIB file itself to see if it's maybe just supporting SNMP traps.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 19, 2015 5:20:21 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

I found out what is going on here, these new telepresence devices do not support SNMP traps.

Sorry for wasting your time. Anyway thanks for your effort.

Regards, Pavel

Created on Nov 27, 2015 3:09:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.