What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware SOAP sensor is grayed out

Votes:

Hi Can someone can walk me through?

we have a esxi vmware running a multiple virtual host, how can i add the VMware SOAP if the sensor is grayed out. i already add the user name and the password in root. but still no luck i also try to review the pre-requisite for this thing to work but still i can't add the sensor.

please help me.

Thanks

nezky!

esxi soap vmware

Created on Nov 16, 2015 8:01:10 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Nezky,

On which operating system does the probe run? Could you please additionallyupload a screenshot of the add sensor page so that we can see what's the issue?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 17, 2015 12:13:50 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

I already solved the problem, it just take my time :D I didn't get that PRTG value the hierarchical approach when it comes to credential. i thought if i will set the username and password to the group it should be work but i'm wrong credentials should always place in root for this sensor work. Thanks for your response.

regards nezky

Created on Nov 20, 2015 9:21:40 AM

Votes:

Hi Nezky,

Good to hear that it's working now!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 23, 2015 9:54:24 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.