What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dell PowerVault MDi Log. Disk sensor finds wrong virtual disks?

Votes:

Hello,

We have a Dell Powervault MD3000i in our network. Datastores from our vcenters are installed as virtual disks on the MD3000i. When I want to monitor these virtual disks with the Dell PowerVault MDi Log. Disk sensor the sensor only detects 1 virtual disk. This virtual disk is named MD and isn't even configured on the MD3000i.

We have another MD3000i and with this one prtg works fine and they are both configured the same.

How do I configure prtg to find the virtual disks?

Greetings K.

logical-disk md3000i prtg

Created on Nov 17, 2015 3:43:17 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Please run this command for both of your devices.

smcli.exe <host> -c "show allControllers summary; show allVirtualDisks summary;" -quick -S -e > <outputfile>

Replace <host> with the ip of your device and <outputfile> with the name of the file, you want to write the output to. (e.g. output1.txt)

If you don't know where to find the smcli.exe on your system, you can find the info in your registry:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\storage\SMclient
Value: Path

You can either post your output here, or you can send an email to our support team. Please add Case PAE622059 to your subject so it will be easier for us to relate the ticket to this article.

Created on Nov 19, 2015 3:30:23 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.