What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG loading time is very high - connecting to google analytics

Votes:

Hello Guys

I installed a few weeks ago a new PRTG installation in a non-internet environment. When i change my view or want to add new devices/sensors, PRTG is trying to connect to Google-analytics and the loading time is about 5 minutes because there is no Internet Connection. I don't have any Google analytics sensors, maps or made any configuration for Google analytics. But PRTG still wants to connect.. It's very difficult to work with this loading time. How can i fix this connection to Google analytics?

Current Version is 15.4.20.4775 and the server is installed on a virtual Windows Server 2008 R2.

google-analytics loading-time prtg

Created on Nov 20, 2015 2:30:11 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
are you running a trial /freeware version of PRTG? If so PRTG will try to collect usage statistics according to our privacy policy.
However, to disable GA, please go to Setup | System Administration | User Interface under Website you will find the field Google Analytics Tracking ID. There add a minus sign (-) and save your settings. This will prevent PRTG from trying to contact GA.
Best regards

Created on Nov 24, 2015 12:44:08 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 25, 2018 11:32:22 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, my bad. I'm running a Freeware Version (Trial expired). I had the issue since the beginning (with the activated Trial Version). I tried your solution. I would say it runs a bit smoother, but after a few clicks my PRTG wants to connect to Google-analytics again. But it seems like the issue only occurs if i navigate to the home screen. Without the minus sign the issue occurs on other sites too.

It's a lot better then before, because i don't really need the home screen. But if you have a solution for this too, I would it very appriciate.

Best regards

Created on Nov 25, 2015 8:42:41 AM

Votes:

Hi,
please try updating to the latest version. We just released one and a GA fix is included there.
Could you let me know if this woeks?

Created on Nov 30, 2015 3:48:26 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.