What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor total capacity on Windows Disk.

Votes:

Hi.

I would like an Sensor to display the total capasity of an Disk. If the Sensor would show the free disk space too, it would be nice. But first of all, i need the Total Capasity of the Disk Sensor.

Best regards Jan Iversen.

capasity disk sensor total

Created on Nov 22, 2015 7:13:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear jki

The SNMP Disk Free sensor also shows the total capacity of a monitored volume. You can make the according channel the primary one by hovering over its gauge which shows a small pin icon in the bottom-right corner of the gauge box. If you click it, that channel is made the primary channel.

The WMI Volume sensor however does not show the total capacity. If you want to create your own WMI sensor with Powershell, please try this statement

gwmi Win32_LogicalDisk | select name,size

The powershell script now needs to put the output of the gwmi command into an XML structure which can be read by PRTG's Exe/Script Advanced sensor.

Created on Nov 24, 2015 2:27:10 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.