What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can the number sensor up and number sensor down to perform calculations or not.

Votes:

I have question about PRTG. I can bring number sensor up and number sensor down to perform calculations or not. and show graph %

Ex. Link Sensor Number up : 5000 Link Sensor Number down : 100

Calculate % = (100/5000)x100 = 2%

PRTG can do this? and plot graph %

I tried looking up number sensor up and sensor down bring to calculate but i can't found.

Please Help me find a way to calculate and show graph on PRTG. I want to calculate % of number sensor link down.

Now l set one sensor by one link. (Now i have total link around 7500 Link and further increase in the future.)

graph percentage prtg-network-monitor-8-x

Created on Nov 23, 2015 8:30:42 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Noah,

we've tried to reproduce the behavior in our environment and it seems that the SensorCountXML.exe works with older version of PRTG (before 17.4.35) only.

For newer versions and hosted instances, please use a Rest Custom sensor instead as described under this KB article.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Jun 28, 2018 10:58:33 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

I've been using the SensorCountXML sensor for a while on a self-hosted installation of PRTG. Now I'm trying out the Paessler-hosted PRTG and cannot seem to get it working. I have installed the custom sensor on a remote probe server on our network and have tried setting it up to query a group in our Paessler-hosted core server. I keep getting the following error:

<prtg><error>1</error><text>The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.</text></prtg>

I'm passing parameters like this:

-s=https://MYSUBDOMAIN.my-prtg.com -u=MYUSERNAME -p=MYPASSHASH -r=2014

Do you have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Created on Jun 27, 2018 10:08:35 PM

Last change on Jun 28, 2018 5:47:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Noah,

we've tried to reproduce the behavior in our environment and it seems that the SensorCountXML.exe works with older version of PRTG (before 17.4.35) only.

For newer versions and hosted instances, please use a Rest Custom sensor instead as described under this KB article.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Jun 28, 2018 10:58:33 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Follow-up comment in case anyone else stumbles on this thread. PRTG Tools Family added an input parameter (-ph for passhash) to the SensorCountXml sensor earlier this summer that allows it to work with the hosted version of PRTG. http://prtgtoolsfamily.com/downloads/sensorsxml

Created on Sep 24, 2018 8:10:28 PM

Votes:

Hey Noah,

thanks for sharing this.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Sep 25, 2018 5:48:41 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.