What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Geo Maps Tag/Filter Not working (unless I misunderstand?)

Votes:

We're using PRTG Network Monitor 15.2.17.2804+, with MapQuest & Openstreetmap. I've created a new Map, on which I want to display a Geo Map showing all devices in a group.

I've created a Device Group which is configured already with all the devices/sensors I wish that are tagged.

I've created a new Map, from clean, and thrown a Geo Maps object on to it. When I filter by the tags I want, I'm being shown all devices that have locational information configured. My tags seem to be ignored.

Yet, when I view the Group collection, I see a perfect example of the Geo Map I'm wanting to create. Suggesting my knowledge of the Tag system is not quite right, or I don't have it configured correctly.

My group has the tags 'sccm-distributionpoints' My device(s) have the tags 'distributionpoints' and My sensor(s) have the tags 'pingsensor'

I've tried a few things, but regardless, other devices that have location information entered, are showing. (none of these devices have tags like I've filtered by so I'm confused)

Any ideas?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/52UyZhs.png[/img]

device filter geo-map location map sensor

Created on Nov 24, 2015 9:57:23 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Resolved, I'd created a 'Root' object. Not a 'Group' object...!

Created on Nov 24, 2015 2:42:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.