What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible with auto discovery to discover only connected interfaces?

Votes:

Hello,

My questions is as above, is it possible with auto-discovery with a custom template to discover only connected interfaces on a switch?

So when there is no link or cable on/in the interface I don't want it to be discovered.

Now my PRTG discovers all interfaces and when i delete the ones with no cable or link next time auto-discovery runs the sensors are created again.

This is on cisco and brocade devices with custom templates.

greetz killaars

brocade cisco custom-template

Created on Nov 26, 2015 3:13:53 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Killaars,

I'm afraid that it will not be possible to filter the interfaces for the connection status if you use the auto-discovery, sorry.
The only possibility will be to pause the sensors of disconnected interfaces after the initial auto-discovery so that they will not be discovered again.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 27, 2015 1:17:27 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.