What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Getting "Please make sure they are not only valid for the target system, but for the probe system as

Votes:

Hello,

I have remote probe installed and I'm trying to monitor perfcounters on the probe itself. I run "auto-discovery" and it found a bunch of things. I added custom SMTP counters and those are shown as being down with error "WMI: Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_SMTPSVC_SMTPServer" (code: PE235) -- PerfCounter: Could not log in using the specified credentials. Please make sure they are not only valid for the target system, but for the probe system as well. (Performance Counter error 0xB0000004)" What am I doing wrong?

performance prtg wmi

Created on Nov 28, 2015 3:02:09 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

The Performance Counter Custom Sensor will use the credentials which are entered in the settings of the parent device. To test if this user has got sufficient rights on that Probe device, you can login to the probe machine using the exact same user account and try to open the perfmon to see if you can and add these counters manually. If this works, the Performance Counter Sensor should also work properly afterwards.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 1, 2015 1:09:22 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.