What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Used space/memory instead of free one

Votes:

Hey guys!

I am wondering if I am the only one who does not like the sensors that just display the free space of volumes/cluster shared volumes or the free memory..

Wouldn't it be possible to display the used space of volumes or the used memory instead? Just think of Windows' Task Manager or the graph the Windows Explorer shows me for my volumes - they show me the used space or memory not the free one..

I don't like adding factory sensors every time or even create own scripts for that - can't that be integrated in PRTG Monitor, as seperate channels or sensors?

Thanks a lot!

hyper-v-csv memory prtg15 snmp volume wmi

Created on Dec 1, 2015 9:37:20 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
I will pass your proposal along, however currently no changes are planned to the Memory sensors. A workaround would be gathering the data using a script and executing the same within PRTG using the EXE/Script Sensor.

Created on Dec 3, 2015 3:23:37 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. Currently it is not possible showing the used disk space. However, you might change the display of the values to percent of a maximum. You can do this by applying a maximum value to each channel in the sensor in the Sensor Channel Settings.
Best regards

Created on Dec 2, 2015 1:39:58 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Konstantin,

thanks for your answer! But it is not a good one for me.. It is really kind of stupid that I can not let me show the acutally used capacity.. Would you like to implement that in a further version?

What should happen if I change the display of the values? Nothing happens here.

Thanks again and best regards, Julian

Created on Dec 2, 2015 1:54:46 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
I will pass your proposal along, however currently no changes are planned to the Memory sensors. A workaround would be gathering the data using a script and executing the same within PRTG using the EXE/Script Sensor.

Created on Dec 3, 2015 3:23:37 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I thought it would be the only solution for that.. Okay, I will create some scripts - thanks anyway for trying to help!

It would be great if you pass it along - maybe it will be implemented in a further version - that would be great :)

Thanks again!

Created on Dec 3, 2015 3:32:14 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.