What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMSNUMBER placeholder

Votes:

I need to use %SMSNUMBER placeholder in email notifications but it is not replaced with data from user's account and it stays as string %smsnumber in an email's subject. Is this a feature or bug?

notifications placeholders sms

Created on Dec 1, 2015 10:29:09 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

%SMSNUMBER can only be used in pager/sms notifications. Here's a list with items that can be used among all notification options

Created on Dec 1, 2015 11:45:54 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

%SMSNUMBER can only be used in pager/sms notifications. Here's a list with items that can be used among all notification options.

Created on Dec 1, 2015 11:45:54 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 1, 2015 11:45:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Having placeholders and notifications already working together wouldn't be a good idea with simple implementation to have all these placeholders working in all notification types? With this particular example I would have opportunity to send SMSes via my email-to-SMS gateway with mobile number taken from users profile and placed in a email's subject.

Created on Dec 1, 2015 9:35:41 PM

Votes:

Couldn't you just add the corresponding mail address (that includes the number) as a notification contact? Simple as that :)

Created on Dec 2, 2015 2:55:38 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2015 2:55:47 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for a hint but my SMS gateway implementation pools for incoming emails on specific functional mailbox and sends SMS to a predefined set of mobile numbers. alliteratively mobile number can be extracted from email's subject line. %smsnumber placeholder in a subject line is what I am looking for.

Created on Dec 2, 2015 9:59:17 PM

Votes:

Hm, not anytime soon I'm afraid :/

Created on Dec 3, 2015 8:28:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.