What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

AXIS Cameras and Monitoring with AXIS MIB File

Votes:

Hello

At the moment we test with prtg and AXIS Cameras. I have downloaded the MIB File from AXIS (http://www.axis.com/de/techsup/software/video_mib/index.htm) and imported with the prtg MIB Importer.

After that i enabled snmp1 and v2 on an AXIS Camera and try to add the Sensor SNMP Library with my new created oidlib File. I became an errror (No Such Name (SNMP-Error #2). I tryed another Library, that i imported (SNMPV2-mib), and with this Library i can use the Sensor.

Do you have some customers, how worked with the mib file from axis and prtg? Thanks.

Greets Thomas

axis mib-importer webcam

Created on Dec 2, 2015 3:08:27 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Thomas,

We have seen a couple of similar cases. However, to give you a precise answer what is causing the error in this case, we will need some more information and log files. Please open a support ticket so we will continue analysis there. Please refer to this KB article in the ticket.

Thank you

Created on Dec 3, 2015 4:47:05 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.