What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Search Syslogs

Votes:

Hello,

When you click on Logs -> All you see the Syslog Receiver entries. How do I filter down to only see entries for a specific source.. such as all log entries sent by one of my routers? There is no search box for it, no filter button, no anything. If you can't actually analyze anything, why is the syslog there? Its collecting reams of data that could never be used anyway.

analyzer search syslog

Created on Dec 10, 2015 6:36:09 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

For more details and further filter options, click on the "Messages" tab of the Syslog Receiver sensor. You will see all received messages in a table list. On the top, you have display filter options to drill down into the data for specific events of your interest.

Created on Dec 11, 2015 2:34:02 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes,. I have seen reference to that in some other google searches now, but I have no such "Messages" item among the tabs at the top. According to the online manual, it should be sitting between the 365 and Historic Data, but it is NOT there.

I am running version 15.4.20.4775

Created on Dec 12, 2015 6:27:44 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Can you please forward a screenshot to illustrate what you exactly see on the sensor overview page? Please capture the complete page.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 14, 2015 6:41:07 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I'm trying, but there is no means to insert a screen shot here it seems. When I clicked on your Profile to see if I could find another contact method/email, there isn't anything in there for me to use to send you a screen shot either. How would you like me to provide that ?

Created on Dec 14, 2015 2:20:31 PM

Votes:

Hi,

You can either upload the screenshot to an image hoster of your choice and enter the URL with the markup code

{{http://imageurl|Image description}}

or you can forward the screenshot to [email protected] by referring to this knowledge base article.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Dec 15, 2015 8:59:33 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.