What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL Security Check Sensor - Change Security Rating

Votes:

Hello,

to customize the new SSL Security Check Sensor a bit? We what to define our own definition for rating the accepted protocol version. E.g. SSL = Error TLS 1.0 = Warning TLS 1.1 = Warning

I have chanced the lookup which works well. But the name of the channels don't represent the warning state and also the overall security rating channel ignores these warnings.

How can I change the channel names? How can in influence the security ration channel?

Kind regards Christoph

channel customize prtg sensor ssl

Created on Dec 14, 2015 11:05:17 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Christoph,

Did you adjust all three lookup files for this sensor?

Please reload the lookup files. To do so, go to "Setup" > "System Administration" > "Administrative tools" - "Load Lookups".

The channel name can be adjust in the channels Settings.

Created on Dec 15, 2015 1:59:05 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Changing the lookups for the protocol channels is no problem and works fine. But the "Security Rating" channel does not represent the change of the other channels.

It seems as it the "Security Rating" channel has it's own rating matrix an is not build of the rating of the other channels.

The field for changing the channel name is greyed out, it seems no to be writeable.

Created on Dec 17, 2015 7:51:54 PM

Votes:

Hello Christoph,

I´m sorry for the misunderstanding.

The channel names can not be changed for this sensor type. Yes the channel "Security Rating" has it's own rating Matrix and the lookup itself can not be edited.

Created on Dec 18, 2015 12:54:45 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.