What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH Sensors Question

Votes:

Hi All,

I am trying to query a CentOS box with ssh sensors. However, all of my ssh sensors are receiving the following error:

"Server does not support diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 for keyexchange"

Does anyone know if there is a simple configuration change I can make to get this to work? If so, please be specific with your answer. I am a n00b.

Thank You,

M----------

keyexchange prtg ssh

Created on Dec 14, 2015 9:01:28 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Matthew,

Which version of PRTG are you currently using? Diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 should be supported as of version 15.2.17.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 16, 2015 2:45:18 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Erhard,

I am using 13.x. However, we will be upgrading within the next 2 months. We intend to purchase maintenance with the new license.

Are you saying this problem is resolved in 15.2.17 and up? I will be able to use the ssh sensor?

Are any other encryption protocols supported for ssh? Are any planned?

Thank You,

Matt M.-----

Created on Dec 18, 2015 8:03:41 PM

Votes:

Hi Matt,

Yes, it should work with 15.2.17 and newer. By the time you update, it is very likely that the new, rewritten SSH sensors will be included in PRTG (estimated release early 2016) which will support sort of everything one can desire in that regard as far as I could see.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 21, 2015 4:07:10 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Erhard!

Created on Dec 22, 2015 5:47:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.