What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trigger change notifications

Votes:

Good morning,

I have several sensors with one type of configuration that it´s not working properly, the trigger for any value change.

I´ve enabled if the value change PRTG send a trigger notification to detect it, but in all of the cases I don´t see any change notification.

Thank you.

snmp trigger triggers

Created on Dec 15, 2015 12:07:10 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Do you have added a Change Trigger on tab Notifications of the affected sensors?
Best regards

Created on Dec 16, 2015 3:43:01 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, of course, it´s configured in both sites.

Created on Dec 17, 2015 11:19:59 AM

Votes:

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Could you check tab Log of the sensor if the notification is triggered at all?
Best regards

Created on Dec 17, 2015 3:14:12 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I´ve configured another sensor with this type of triggers and it works, but the sensor that we need to check only changes the value once a month. When we saw the value change, it hasn´t working. The sensor that we use it is the snmp personalized sensor.

Created on Dec 17, 2015 3:40:05 PM

Votes:

Hi,
Could you forward some screenshots to [email protected]. Please refer to this thread. Thank you!

Created on Dec 18, 2015 2:30:12 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.