What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to use snmp with mini probe linux ?

Votes:

Hello everyone,

I have installed PRTG and in the remote side on a Raspberry pi installed miniprobe which is working fine but the Raspberry pi is connected to a router and I want to have the snmp information of that router and due to some reason I am not able to read snmp data for it I can add some limited sensor like Ping to the router under mini prob but I am not able to use snmp anyone can help me with this Thanks .

Note : router doesn't have public IP to add it directly to the server for that reason I want to have those information using mini prob to have in server .

mini-probe raspberry-pi snmp-traffic-sensors

Created on Dec 17, 2015 12:48:28 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi ayoubi

This is not a full probe and only a few senors are available:

See here: https://www.paessler.com/blog/2014/08/19/monitoring-knowledge/mini-probes-part-3-prtg-python-mini-probe-for-linux

regards Thomas

Created on Feb 23, 2016 3:45:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.