What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

wrong datatree version needed 7 found 8

Votes:

my server with prtg 12 has broken. It was on win 2003. I have installed the new server on windows 7. I installed the same version of prtg 12.2.1.1833 and got this error. 1000 sensors, 6 probes. there must be a solution to this problem.

datatree error prtg startup wrong-version-number

Created on Dec 17, 2015 3:09:30 PM

Last change on Dec 17, 2015 4:17:46 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
we appreciate your contact.

The wrong datatree error indicates that the installer which you've used is older than you config file and it can't "read" the config file. You should download the latest version of PRTG or the same version which was previously running, that should resolve the issue.

Please be aware that PRTG version 12.xx dates back to 2012 and is no longer officially supported.

Please feel free to Contact us and you will be able to forward us your log files so that me way send you an up-to-date commercial installer.

Best Regards,

Created on Dec 17, 2015 4:17:05 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.