What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can i edit and remove actioens from the HTML alert mail

Votes:

In version 15.4.21 some changes made in the html mail system, So now HTML cannot be edited from within the console, How can i edit the HTML mail format? ( i want to remove the action boxes from the mail, and one of the graph )

custom-html custom-notification html mail prtg

Created on Dec 29, 2015 8:51:33 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Customizing the message body for HTML-Emails in notifications is no longer supported. We're currently testing a customizable HTML-Email-Notification based on a PowerShell script, that shall be available soon after some further testing.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 29, 2015 12:50:14 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is really bad removing that option, I like the new notification mail, but it is overload with info, also i want to be able to remove the "actions" from it.

What about customizing the "emailtemplate_html_footer.htm" file? Will that work?

Created on Dec 29, 2015 3:15:28 PM

Votes:

Sort the files in mailtemplates-folder descending by "Date changed". The only relevant files are

• mail_notification.htm
  • header_custom.htm
  • footer_custom.htm

You could tamper with these files, but changes will be overwritten with every update of PRTG and we don't provide support for changes to these files or How-tos. That's what the upcoming sciptbased solution is for.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 30, 2015 8:30:19 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any chance this script-based solution been implemented yet?

Thanks,

Created on Sep 26, 2016 5:38:04 PM

Votes:

Hi dnogu860,

Please see How can I send custom HTML mail notifications.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 27, 2016 5:47:00 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.