What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to recieve SMS when secondary channel goes down?

Votes:

I have diskspace sensor. In this case my primary channel is in DOWN state 24/7 for now. What I want to get is a SMS notification when a secondary channel goes down since at this moment when it happens I dont get any new notifications because primary channel is already in DOWN state. I have tried threshold trigger to do this but no success. In fact I cant get SMS notification in any threshold trigger scenario.

Is this possible and how?

sms-notification threshold-trigger wmi

Created on Dec 30, 2015 11:59:23 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Assuming SMS Notifications are basically working, you should be able to configure a threshold trigger. A threshold trigger is independent of the sensor-state (assuming the sensor is not in a down-state because the device is not reachable). I don't know which threshold you tried to configure, but if it's a threshold based on "Free Bytes" of the drive, keep in mind that you need to put a value in Bytes in the according field (no matter how units are otherwise configured and displayed for the device).

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 30, 2015 2:07:58 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 30, 2015 2:08:18 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the late answer.

Yes SMS notifications are working. But still no success.

I tried to configure both triggers based on Free Bytes and based on %. None of them is sending SMS. I am putting value in Bytes.

Created on Jan 4, 2016 9:24:58 AM

Votes:

In this case a few screenshots would be helpful to see what's going on:

• "Notifications" tab of the regarding sensor
  • "Log" tab of the sensor showing a period where limits were reached and notifications should have been triggered
  • Channel settings where limits have been applied
  • Settings of the notification itself (from Setup | Account Settings | Notifications | your_configured_sms_notitication)

In this case it may be better if you send us those details by email to [email protected]. Please make sure to mention this KB post in your email.

Created on Jan 4, 2016 9:55:37 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.