What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Regex issue in http advance sensor

Votes:

Hello all,

I have an HTTP Advance Sensor that loads one url and tries to find a vaule in the page using "Response Must Include" field, with a regex:

(companyName|\[.+\])

That is, either the string "companyName", or two square brackets with any text in between them (the "\" are used to make "[" literal). However, this regex, although works well in regex testers, does not work here, and i get :

Error: String not found [(companyName\|\[.+\])]

any ideas why?

Any help would be appreciated!

http-sensor prtg regex

Created on Jan 4, 2016 2:42:44 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This can be done in the sensor settings: HTTP Advanced Sensor - Regex string check

Created on Jan 6, 2016 2:33:09 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

The regex seems to be fine (given that the companyName is entered correctly since regex is case sensitive per default). Did you actually enable the regex check method?

Created on Jan 6, 2016 9:16:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your replay. How do i Enable it? I went through the manual and did not find any mention of enabling it.

Regards

Created on Jan 6, 2016 11:51:40 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This can be done in the sensor settings: HTTP Advanced Sensor - Regex string check

Created on Jan 6, 2016 2:33:09 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I totally missed that. Thank you Stephan!

Created on Jan 6, 2016 3:05:55 PM

Votes:

Ha, nice! :) Glad we found it so quickly :) Have a good one!

Created on Jan 6, 2016 3:42:29 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.