What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Log sending from Synology to PRTG Syslog receiver fails!

Votes:

I have PRTG with a syslog sensor to receive messages from a synology device. I have many other syslog sensors for other devices which are working fine but on synology devices (I have two synology devices) they fail to show any data. I had paired it with syslog watcher to cross check if synology has problem but in that the messages are coming. Please help. I have PRTG with 500 sensors and version is " PRTG Network Monitor 15.4.21.5482+"

log nas prtg synology syslog

Created on Jan 4, 2016 7:26:25 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I suggest you contact us by email ([email protected]) in order to provide these details:

• Did you add the sensor to PRTG's local probe or did you add your NAS as device in PRTG and added there the sensor?
  • Screenshot from the sensor's "Settings" tab
  • Screenshot from the NAS's settings regarding sending Syslog messages.
  • Please make sure to reference this KB post in your email.

Thank you and kind regards.

Created on Jan 6, 2016 9:37:48 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.