What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Limiting sensors

Votes:

I am trying out PRTG and wondering if I can reduce the amount of sensors being monitored? It is covering way more than I need, I just want to monitor (for now anyway) uptime on servers and routers basically. I can exclude all PCs and non critical devices. How can I achieve this?

Many thanks

alerts prtg-network-monitor-8-x sensors

Created on Jan 6, 2016 3:48:44 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Barry,

PRTG will perform an initial discovery of your network and will automatically try to group your device. You can simply delete all superfluous sensors, groups and devices afterwards.

If you want to add other devices, working with device templates will allow you to determine, which sensors will be created for additional auto-discoveries.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 7, 2016 8:15:20 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Felix

Created on Jan 7, 2016 9:06:42 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.