What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Activation grace period expired

Votes:

Hi!

I have got into next situation:

1. I installed PRTG Network Monitor to one server A and activated it with license.
  2. I installed PRTG Network Monitor to another server B and put activation key from license of server A.
  3. On server B it was reported to me that I PRTG Network monitor was activated too many times.
  4. I uninstalled PRTG Network Monitor from server A, reinstalled PRTG on server B with the activation key, but now it says that Activation grace period expired.

Summary I have 2nd server non-activated, on 1st server there is no PRTG.

My question is, can I transfer license so it will successfully activate and work on 2nd server? Please consult.

Best Regards, Kirill Skudarnov.

activation license license-transfer prtg

Created on Jan 11, 2016 12:07:38 PM

Last change on Jan 11, 2016 12:57:20 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello, we appreciate your contact.

I've located your key based on your account's e-mail domain. The issue is that the product was activated twice on Dec 25, which then caused any further activation attempts to fail with activated too often. I've re-set the counter and you should be able to activate PRTG on server B now.

Please be aware that most PRTG Licenses (yours included) allow only a Single Core Server to be running at any time, except for cluster setups were both nodes may be running the Core Server with the same key at the same time.

You're free to move PRTG between hosts (migrate, upgrade, etc), but you may need to contact us depending on the amount of activations that you perform. Please feel free to also contact us via our Support Ticket System as well.

Best Regards,

Created on Jan 11, 2016 1:03:45 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi Luciano,

Thank you for explanation and support! I will try to activate server B now and then say how it went.

Created on Jan 11, 2016 1:12:28 PM

Votes:

Okay... As for migration / upgrade I understood.

But in my case PRTG Network Monitor is already uninstalled, unfortunately. There are no registry items on Server A, which were intended to migrate by manual e.g. in this topic.

And on Server B there is no Start Activation button.

What should I do in this situation?

Created on Jan 11, 2016 1:59:46 PM

Last change on Jan 11, 2016 2:05:15 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your reply.

As for any registry settings mentioned in the migration guide, they should have been copied before removing PRTG from server A.

As for the current activation issue, please contact us via the Support Ticket System and mention this thread on the KB as we need to confirm the exact version of PRTG that you're using, that way we'll be able to guide you through the activation steps.

Best Regards,

Created on Jan 11, 2016 2:08:48 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

This message is just a confirmation. I opened ticket on PRTG support and they helped to fix my issue! Thanks for help!

Best Regards, Kirill Skudarnov

Created on Jan 12, 2016 10:21:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.