What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Oracle SQL Sensor

Votes:

Hello all.

I need to setup a Oracle sensor do perform a query and analyze the result as a number. Currently I have Oracle Client 11g 32Bits at PRTG server and sensor configured as the manual states. Problem is I'm having credentials error. The user I must use has SYSDBA role, when I try to logon as regular user PRTG returns error telling to to login as SYSDBA, when I use "sys as sysdba" as username, I get password error.

Is it possible to login as SYSDBA within the sensor? How should I proceed?

Thank you.

oracle prtg sysdba

Created on Jan 11, 2016 5:51:09 PM

11 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
what precise version of the Oracle Sensor are you using? The normal one or the Oracle V2 sensor?
Best regards

Created on Jan 13, 2016 3:14:50 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well, I already tried with both of them, always get credentials error but they work normally by PLSQL for example. I've tried both by .net connection and by oracle client 32bits and get same result. Problem is I don't have a regular credential, just a sysdba one.

Created on Jan 13, 2016 4:39:31 PM

Votes:

Could you possibly forward us your connection string to [email protected]. Please refer to this thread when doing so.
Best regards

Created on Jan 14, 2016 2:59:13 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hello I have the same problem... I need to monitor my oracle 11g database My prtg vertion is: PRTG Network Monitor 15.3.18.3616

I am using the Oracle SQL sensor, with the following data

Timeout (Sec.): 60 Port: 1521 Connection Mode: Use direct mode (TCP/IP)

Service Name / Alias: (MyServiceName) User: sys Password: *

I get the message "Could not connect to database: ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER"

I can connect perfectly from Oracle SQL Developer (using "sys as sysdba" value on user field)

Created on Jan 18, 2016 7:34:31 PM

Votes:

DannyMaxia: I can see you already opened a ticket with [email protected]. Could you there possibly forward us the connection string you are using to connect?

Created on Jan 19, 2016 3:18:45 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately I still have not received any response from [email protected], seems not even them know how to proceed.

Created on Jan 21, 2016 11:18:28 AM

Votes:

@Claytonbjr: We have not received a ticket to [email protected]. Please forward us the connection string you are using.
Best regards

Created on Jan 22, 2016 1:03:28 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same Problem, is there a solution? Best regards

Created on Jul 25, 2016 12:30:34 PM

Votes:

@Fi: Please forward us the used connection string to [email protected] . When doing so, please refer to this thread.

Created on Jul 26, 2016 11:18:53 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has this issue been fixed? If so can someone please post the solution. I've already submitted a ticket but no solution yet from support. Thanks.

Created on Nov 30, 2017 4:44:55 AM

Votes:

As Sebastian posted in your other thread:

According to our developers which I just asked about that issue, it appears as there is also an option which has to be changed within the connection driver and it can't be achieved by editing the connection string only, so your assumption is - sorry to say - somewhat correct. PRTG does not support this.

Sorry, not much we can do in this regard :(

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Nov 30, 2017 2:15:26 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 30, 2017 2:17:02 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.