What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

(erreur SNMP # -2003)

Votes:

I am brand new to prtg so plz kindly help. I have download the latest version of prtg. I am trying to create few sensors for my company. when i use snmp sensor for system up time and cpu load i get the snmp error 2003 on my esx HP. but when i am using other sensors snmp on switch, it's ok. I have tried 'snmp tester' and i get the Value: Error converting OID (SNMP error # -2007). Can someone plz guide me coz i am stuck for a while here. the equipments have snmp running on them. been through different posts on internet about same issue but no help. Please help me ;

esx hp oid snmp snmp-sensor

Created on Jan 12, 2016 9:37:07 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Jeremy,

An error message 2003 indicates, that the connection is blocked inbetween the probe and the target device. It might also occur when the community string is wrong, or if the PRTG probe is not listed in the "Allowed Hosts" in the security settings of the SNMP services on the HP server.

Are you trying to monitor a virtual machine on your ESX server, or is the IP address directly pointing to the ESXi host? If it's the ESXi host itself, you can have a look at this article to enable SNMP.

The SNMP error 2007 in the SNMP Tester most likely occurs if the syntax of the OID is not correct. This might happen if there is a blank space prior or after the OID, or a leading dot.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 13, 2016 9:20:39 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply, I have indeed found the solution by setting snmp service on the esx through the .xml files.

Created on Jan 13, 2016 9:31:45 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.