What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customizing PRTG Notifications

Votes:

Hello PRTG Experts,

I have configured Notification for one of my Sensor. for example : file system usage.

When this file system is 90% and above, I receive Notification from PRTG. But the problem is when this file system goes above 90% during weekend, we get more than 100 email notifications on saturday and Sunday.

The sensor should be tested every 60 seconds, but once the threshold is reached or crossed.., 1. we need a First Notification immediately 2. and then the notification should be sent for every 2 hours not every 60 seconds.

This configuration will avoid 100s of emails during the weekend.

Is this configuration possible in Threshold Notification settings? Is there any custom script should be written for this?

Thank you in advance for your recommendations and suggestions.

Regards, Karthick Eswaran

custom-notification notification notifications

Created on Jan 12, 2016 9:58:57 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Karthick,

Can you please upload a screenshot of the configured triggers when you click on the Notifications tab of this particular sensor? Thank you!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 13, 2016 1:17:39 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.