What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetApp cDOT I/O Sensors gives error

Votes:

We have a NetApp cDOT I/O sensor that was working fine, then over the weekend started giving the error:

"Value was either too large or too small for an Int32"

Has anyone seen this? Not sure what to do. Opened a support ticket, but no response yet.

cdot netapp prtg

Created on Jan 12, 2016 8:45:18 PM

Last change on Jan 22, 2016 1:53:54 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

As per our release notes we've just released PRTG Version 16.1.22, this version includes several fixes to the NetApp cDOT SOAP-based sensors, we strongly recommend that you update and re-create the cDOT sensors after the upgrade for best results.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you encounter any further issues with the cDot sensors in version 16.1.22 or later.

Created on Feb 23, 2016 9:37:16 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Mar 11, 2016 9:49:55 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Mark,
we appreciate your contact.

It appears that you haven't received our previous reply to case PAExxxxx7 which was sent on 11/01/2016 08:12 UTC+1.

There's a known issue in the current(15.4.21.548x) version of PRTG which affects the NetApp cDOT I/O (SOAP) Sensor, it will be fixed on the next releases of PRTG but there is an hotfix available, which we can provide to customers who contact us via a Support Ticket.

Best Regards,

Created on Jan 13, 2016 9:51:26 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi there,

We are running 16.1.21.1422+ and using a NetApp cDOT Aggregate (SOAP) BETA, which seems to have the same issue (Value was either too large or too small for an Int32). I know that it is in BETA, but do you know how long it will be before the type will be bumped up to a int64?

Kind Regards, Niel

Created on Feb 23, 2016 8:00:24 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

As per our release notes we've just released PRTG Version 16.1.22, this version includes several fixes to the NetApp cDOT SOAP-based sensors, we strongly recommend that you update and re-create the cDOT sensors after the upgrade for best results.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you encounter any further issues with the cDot sensors in version 16.1.22 or later.

Created on Feb 23, 2016 9:37:16 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Mar 11, 2016 9:49:55 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.