What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Importing Custom Mib - "End of MIB view (SNMP Error #224)"

Votes:

Hi All,

I imported a custom mib file using PRTG mib importer V3.4.8. I tried to add this custom snmp library to a device, but I get the following error: "End of MIB view (SNMP Error #224)".

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank You,

Matt M.------

custom-library custom-sensor prtg

Created on Jan 15, 2016 9:14:31 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi Matt,

The MIB file is probobably defective. You mind attaching it (simply upload it anywhere you like)? Then I'll check it :)

Created on Jan 18, 2016 12:22:49 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Sure, thank you for taking a look. I tried to import this entire suite as one library and individually.

You can download them here:

http://1drv.ms/1lryXMs

Thank You,

Matt M.------

Created on Jan 19, 2016 5:46:16 PM

Votes:

Hm, works fine with no such error in PRTG :) Can you try with the latest MIB importer?

Created on Jan 20, 2016 8:19:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

I am able to import the mib(s) without issue. It is when I try to apply the new library to a device, that I receive the error. For example, I import the mibs into the library = OK. I slect custom SNMP library for a device and apply it, but during the application (about 75% through the progress bar, I get an the error #224). I will post a video shortly and show you what I mean.

Thank You,

Matt M.-------

Created on Jan 25, 2016 7:03:17 PM

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

I recorded my session and uploaded it to my OneDrive. You can view the video by clicking the following link.

http://1drv.ms/1Qoix2s

Can you take a look and let me know if you see any problem with the procedure I am using?

Thank You,

Matt M.------

Created on Jan 25, 2016 7:33:00 PM

Votes:

You might want to consider upgrading to the latest PRTG version and see if it works there. v12 is pretty dated :)

Created on Jan 26, 2016 6:49:02 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

Yes, we are planning to upgrade to 1000 sensors and also add the 12 month maint package. But, I cannot move forward unless I get these oids imported and polling correctly.

Have you been able to import them in your lab? Did it work?

If we upgrade first (rather than testing first), will the newer version resolve the issue?

Thank You,

Matt M.-----

Created on Jan 27, 2016 9:25:15 PM

Votes:

I had no problem with the oidlib itself, but I don't have the device for testing. However, you can install a trial version on a different host and test it with the device without the need of buying first.

Created on Jan 28, 2016 7:29:40 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.